Tuesday, January 20, 2015

SOS185 - Glittery Christmas

This week's challenge at Shopping Our Stash is to use some kind of specialty paper (glittery, corked, flocked) anything you hoarded  collected and felt sorry to use.
For my card I used a lovely red glittery card stock. To make the lacy pattern, I used one of Martha Stewart anywhere punches I borrowed from a friend.
It looks so pretty that I did not want to cover it up, so I just layered it on white CS and added a white satin ribbon and poinsettia stickers/die cuts from K&Co.

Challenges:
C.R.A.F.T - Christmas
Christmas Cards All Year Round - anything Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - anything Christmas

11 comments:

Donna said...

Ohhhhh I love the red glittery layer!! Fab with the white underneath, I wouldn't want to cover that either!

Aunty Sue said...

brilliant christmas cards love the detail and thanks for sharing at Craft this week

Leslie Hanna said...

HOW do you get that punched straight? It looks fabulous!

lauren bergold said...

i echo leslie in both tone and content!!! i *assumed* that was one of those background die thingies! do you mean to say you moved the punch ALL OVER that glitter paper and got it to line up PERFECTLY in both directions??!?! holy WOW! pretty sure i couldn't do it to save my life, and thus all the more impressed by yer mad skillz!!! ♥WOW♥!

Barbara Godden said...

Oh my this is gorgeous, Love that background. it really gives that WOW when you see it.

Chana Malkah said...

This is gorgeous! I could never get the hang of the anywhere on the page punches.
Hugz,
Chana

Chris Dring said...

I wouldn't have covered it up either. This is gorgeous!

Shona Hamill said...

Fantastic card thank you for sharing with us at the CRAFT Challenge. Shona xx

Planetsusie said...

I cannot believe you have just used a punch on this gorgeous card Alica - mine would be sloping down at the edges for sure!!! So glad you kept the embellishments to the minimum. Thank you so much for entering the Christmas Cards All Year Round Challenge this month, lots of luck to you.

Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

Marie Bingaman said...

I love the simple yet stunning look of your card! :)

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for January and CCAYR January challenge - hope to see you again soon x

Post a Comment